Average Labour Cost/Price to Fit/Install a Kitchen
To clarify the following prices it is recommended that you read the article in the INFORMATION box below the PRICES…
(These prices are based on a tradesman’s rate of £150.00 per day and a labourer if required at £100.00 per day. This includes the cost of buying and collecting any materials, dumping any waste if necessary and any incidental materials they will need. The minimum price will usually be for a half day)
Kitchen Fitting Costs
We’ve fitted dozens of kitchens but never on a fixed price. There are too many problems to overcome, too many possibilities for changes of mind by the householder. If he gives you a fixed price, if he has any sense, he will have added a whack on for the unforeseen that might not happen.
Find a man you can trust, let him work by the day and if he charges about £250 for himself and his bloke, doesn’t have a fag every half hour, isn’t on the phone all day long and turns up every day for 8 hours work, give him the job.
By the way, a “normal” kitchen, in a “normal” house, should take a week to fit including a bit of electrics and tiling above the work surfaces. So with a few incidentals, it will cost about………£1300.00
An Information Sheet on Kitchen Fitting
- Is there a kitchen to remove first?
- Is the kitchen on the 7th floor?
- How many base units are there?
- How many wall units are there?
- Does it all come assembled or do I have to build everything?
- Are there pelmets?
- What about pelmet lighting?
- Are there cornices?
- How many worksurfaces are there?
- What are they made of?
- Are there built in fridges or dishwashers?
- What about tiling?
- What about electrical sockets?
- What about going back in 2 weeks to fit the door that didn’t arrive?
You see…you don’t know the answers to half these questions yet. How can we quote for them?
A-Z of Job Pricing