Average Labour Cost/Price to Change, Replace or Fit Carpets
To clarify the following prices it is recommended that you read the article in the INFORMATION box below the PRICES…
(These prices are based on a tradesman’s rate of £150.00 per day and a labourer if required at £100.00 per day. This includes the cost of buying and collecting any materials, dumping any waste if necessary and any incidental materials they will need. The minimum price will usually be for a half day)
How Much Does it Cost To Fit Carpets?
You are buying the carpet…
1. For a carpet fitter to turn up and re lay a carpet in one room expect to pay about £40.00
2. To fit carpets in two rooms about £60.00
3. To fit carpets to stairs about £80.00
4. To fit a stair runner with stair rods (labour only) about £120.00
4. A carpet layer will probably want about £250.00 to fit new carpets throughout the house for you (assuming you have moved the furniture - or at least help!)
A Price Guide and Information Sheet on Fitting and Installing Carpets
The problem is, we don’t have the stainless steel tool which fits the carpet snugly behind the gripper rods or the knee bumper which stretches the carpet into position, so if you want carpet fitting done properly, ask the builder to arrange for a fitter to turn up and re lay it.
If we did have the stainless steel gripper tools that would mean we could fit carpets. But we don’t want to.
A-Z of Job Pricing